Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 8 -12 ounces hot sauce
2. 1/2 cup butter
3. 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
4. 3 garlic cloves (I usually like 4)
5. 3 fresh limes
6. 1 tablespoon lime zest
7. 1/4 cup brown sugar
8. 3 tablespoons honey
9. salt and pepper
10. red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
1. in a sauce pan saute garlic, cilantro, and half cup of butter until soft, then add bottle of hot sauce.(i use a hot sauce that also doubles as a buffalo wing sauce because i like the extra vinegar, my fave is Franks) – juice three limes using at least a tablespoon of lime zest, and the juice with pulp. add brown sugar, honey, salt and pepper(s) – (s&p to taste).
2. simmer on stove until you get a deep red color, then pour over chicken wings or dip chicken fingers. THIS IS DELICIOUS ! The real secret of this recipe is getting that clear-red result after the simmer.
3. *butter correction made*.