Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 1 garlic clove, cracked from skin
2. 1/2 small onion
3. 1 celery rib, chopped
4. 1/4 small red bell pepper, chopped
5. 1 cup chopped cooked turkey, white and dark
6. 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
7. 1 egg
8. salt and pepper
9. 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
10. 3 sprigs parsley, leaves only
11. 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
12. 3 tablespoons butter
13. 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
14. 12 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
15. 3 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
16. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
17. 3 cups chicken stock
18. 1/2 cup grated romano cheese, a couple of handfuls
1. Place the garlic, onion, celery and red bell pepper in food processor and pulse to fine chop. Add turkey, potatoes, egg, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and parsley leaves then pulse to process and combine the mixture. Remove bowl from base and blade from the bowl. In a medium mixing bowl combine the turkey mixture with 3/4 cup bread crumbs.
2. Heat a small skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil. When butter melts add the mushrooms and cook until dark and tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and add rosemary to the pan. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and cook a minute. Whisk in the stock, bring to a bubble and thicken, 5 minutes, over medium-low heat.
3. Preheat a nonstick skillet with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat.
4. Use a conical or round ice cream scoop to form 8 croquettes. Combine cheese and remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs on a plate. Coat the croquettes in cheese and bread crumbs and saute in hot oil until deeply golden all over, 5 to 6 minutes for each batch. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve the croquettes with rosemary gravy poured down over them.