Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 lb potato
2. 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 oz)
3. 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
4. 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
5. 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
6. 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
8. 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
9. 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
10. 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Dice potatoes (peeled or not), then place in a steamer & steam, until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain & set aside in a large bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & coat the inside of a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt & garlic powder, then cover & process until smooth.
4. To the diced potatoes, add processed cottage cheese mixture & green onions, stirring gently to combine.
5. Pour potato mixture into the prepared baking dish & bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese, then return to oven & bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.