Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1/2 lb round steak, sliced in thin strips (or flank steak)
2. 1/2 cup beef marinade, of your choice
3. salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
4. 1 teaspoon olive oil
5. 1 1/2 cups suey choy, sliced
6. 1 1/2 cups baby bok choy, sliced
7. 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
8. 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
9. 2 stalks celery, sliced
10. 1/2 cup sweet pepper, sliced, any colour
11. 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
12. 1 cup watercress, packed and roughly chopped (spinach may be used, but you won’t get the lovely peppery flavour of the watercress.)
13. 1/4 cup reserved marinade (or remainder)
14. 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Place beef strips in marinade of your choice and marinate overnight.
2. Remove beef strips from marinade, reserve marinade.
3. Slice/chop all veggies and place in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat olive oil over high heat, quick brown beef strips, about 3 minutes; reduce heat to medium; add all of the bowl of veggies; stir fry to tender crisp, about 5 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your veggies.
5. Make a slurry of 1/4 cup of reserved marinade and cornstarch; add to veggies and beef; stir fry until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.
6. The remaining marinade may be used to thin the sauce if required.
7. Serve over hot brown rice or noodles.