Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 tablespoon canola oil
2. 3 cups broccoli florets, halved if large
3. 3 celery ribs, julienned (or bell pepper)
4. 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
5. 2 garlic cloves, minced
6. 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
8. 1 cup chicken broth (made from bouillon)
9. 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with water to form a paste
10. black pepper
1. Soak broccoli in water; heat canola oil in large frypan or wok and steam wet broccoli, covered, for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add celery, mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce and ginger. Saute uncovered for about 5 more minutes, depending how crunchy you want your veggies.
3. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch paste and simmer 1 minute.
4. Serve over rice, with soy sauce and chow mein noodles.