Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 pint blueberries
2. 1 pint strawberry
3. 1/4 cup sugar
4. 3 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
5. 1 tablespoon vinegar (Blueberry, raspberry or Lemon Juice)
6. 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
7. hot pepper sauce, To Taste
8. 1/4 cup almonds, Sliced or Slivered and toasted
1. Rinse the berries and than let dry on paper towels. Discard any berries that are not edible, hull the strawberries, and than slice strawberries in quarters.
2. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, sugar, onion, vinegar, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. Before serving, stir in the almonds. Serve over fruit sorbet, poultry, or pork.