Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 1 lb lean ground beef
2. 1/2 teaspoon salt
3. 2 tablespoons dried onion
4. 1 1/2 cups water, divided
5. 1 tablespoon onion powder
6. 1 beef bouillon cube
7. 1/2-1 cup water
8. 12 dinner rolls
1. Place ground beef,onion powder, salt and 1/2 cup of the water in a food process, and process for a few seconds to ensure that water,onion powder and salt are blended through the beef.
2. Place plastic wrap on the counter. Place hamburger in the middle, then place another pieces of plastic wrap on top of the meat.
3. Roll the hamburger out to 1/4-inch thick. Remove plastic wrap cut meat into 3-inch squares. Poke holes in each piece five times with a plastic straw.
4. Cover hamburger squares with plastic wrap. Freeze until partially frozen, but not frozen solid.
5. Place onions, beef bouillon and 1/2 cup water in a frying pan. Sauté over medium-low heat, stirring until the onions are soft, and adding more water as needed.
6. Remove from heat until ready to cook hamburger patties.
7. To prepare patties, heat frying pan over medium-low heat, add water to onions just until the bottom of the frying pan is covered.
8. Place patties in pan; cover with lid. It will only take a short time for the patties to cook on one side. Turn, and cook on the other side for a very short time. The patties should be juicy.
9. When done place each hamburger on top of a roll. Add pickles, then cover hamburgers so they heat up the roll.