Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/3 cup sugar
3. 2 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1/3 teaspoon salt
5. 1/4 cup butter
6. 1/2 cup milk
7. 1 large egg
8. 1 teaspoon vanilla
9. 6 ounces white chocolate (good quality, such as Lindt, cut into chunks)
10. 3/4 cup chopped pecans (leave large chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Cut butter into flour mix with a pastry blender or food processor, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
4. Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and knead until combined. Knead in the white chocolate and pecans.
5. With lightly floured hands, pat the dough out on a floured work surface to a thickness of 5/8 inch.
6. Cut into wedges, squares or whatever you like
7. Bake scones on ungreased baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer scones to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. Makes 8.