Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin, boneless (cut into 1/2 in. cubes)
2. 1 medium onion, finely chopped
3. 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
4. 1 teaspoon paprika
5. 1 teaspoon salt (plus 1 tbsp. for serving)
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (plus 1 tbsp. for serving)
7. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
8. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Combine the onion, parsley, paprika, 1 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, the white pepper and oil in a large baking dish. Add the beef and toss to thoroughly to coat. Cover and let marinate, in refrigerator, for at least 2 hours but preferably 8.
2. Preheat grill to high.
3. Arrange kebabs on hot grate and grill, turning once with tongs, until the meat is cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side (6-8 mins in all) for medium. Moroccans tend to eat their beef well done.
4. To serve, place 1 tablespoons each of salt and cumin, in serparate tiny bowls on table, along with optional shallot relish, harissa and bread. Let each person season their kebabs with the salt and cumin.