Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 4 chicken breasts, filets
2. 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
3. 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese soft bread crumbs)
4. 4 ounces apricot jam
5. 1/4 cup light soy sauce
6. 1/2 cup coconut oil
7. 1 lemon, juice of
8. 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
9. 4 lemon wedges
10. cilantro (to garnish)
11. salt, chili flakes
1. Put pecans and bread crumbs together in a food processor and and pulse a couple of times until mixture is finely ground and well mixed, empty on a plate.
2. Lightly pound filets between two sheets of wax paper, moisten them with a dash of lemon juice and add salt to taste.
3. Dredge filets on both sides in crumb – nut mixture, using the palm of your hand to pat it on, shake off excess.
4. Heat coconut oil In a heavy skillet, add chicken and saute on both sides until nice and brown. Turn only once. Work in batches if necessary.
5. Do not let the oil get too hot otherwise the nuts will turn bitter.
6. In a small skillet heat apricot jam and soy sauce with the rest of the lemon juice, add grated ginger and chili flakes to taste. Heat through.
7. Divide chicken filets between 4 heated plates, garnish with lemon wedge and cilantro.
8. Serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!