Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 4 cups water
2. 1 cup uncooked old fashion grits
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
5. 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
6. 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. I a sauce pan, bring water to a boil; slowly add grits and salt, stirring constantly; Reduce heat:simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or untill thickened, stirrin occasionally.
2. Add cheese and garlic; stir until cheese is melted, Spray 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until frim.
3. Before starting the grill, coat the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray; Cut the grits into 3-inch squares; Brush both sides with olive oil.
4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.