Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3. 3 large eggs
4. 3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Special equipment: Large-holed grater or strainer.
2. Sift the flour and 1 tablespoon salt together into a large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup water and the eggs and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt. Pour in the melted butter. Ladle large spoonfuls of the dough into the grater or strainer and push the dough through directly into the boiling water. Repeat until all the dough is used. Once the dumplings float, strain into a bowl. Serve with goulash over the spaetzle.