Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
3. 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
4. 2 chorizo sausages, raw, cut into bite-sized pieces
5. 2 ounces tomato paste
6. 2 ounces sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
7. 3/4 cup red wine
8. 2 garlic cloves, roasted for 20 minutes
9. 9 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
10. sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
11. fresh basil, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the onion and chili and cook for two minutes.
2. Add the chorizo and cook for a further five minutes, or until golden brown all over.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, apart from the pasta. Bring the to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. To serve, stir the pasta into the sausage mixture, then pour onto a serving plate and garnish with fresh basil.