Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked and chilled
2. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3. 1 tablespoon garlic, coarsely chopped
4. 1/2 cup onion, chopped
5. 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
6. 2 tablespoons fish sauce
7. 1/2 teaspoon sugar
8. 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
9. 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1. prepare rice by crumbling it with your fingers, breaking up the bigger lumps, and set it aside in a bowl.
2. heat wok or large, deep skillet over high heat. add oil until it sizzles, and then add garlic and onion and toss well until shiny and fragrant, about 1 minute add shrimp and cook, tossing now and then, until the onion begins to wilt and shrimp are pink and cooked through, 2-3 minute.
3. add rice, fish sauce, and sugar and toss well. add pineapple and green onion and cook about 2 min more, tossing often, until rice is tender and heated through. serve hot or warm.