Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
2. 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3. 2 green onions, thinly sliced
4. 1 small carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced on the diagonal
5. 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
6. 2 small red chilies, seeded, finely chopped
7. 2 teaspoons mild indian curry powder (gluten-free if required for diet)
8. 1 cup coconut milk
9. 1 tablespoon fish sauce (gluten-free if required for diet)
10. 750 g firm-fleshed white boneless fish fillets, cut into 6cm pieces
11. 750 g medium green king prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
12. 300 g sugar snap peas, trimmed or 300 g snow peas
13. 1/2 cup Thai basil (use regular basil if Thai basil not available)
14. steamed jasmine rice and lime wedge, to serve
1. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, shallots and carrot and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
3. Add lemongrass, chillies and curry powder and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add coconut milk, 1 cup water and fish sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
5. Add fish and simmer gently, partially covered, for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in prawns and peas and simmer gently, partially covered, for 2 minutes or until seafood is tender.
7. Serve scattered with basil leaves, with steamed rice and lime wedges.