Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 2 medium sized onions, chopped
2. 400 g minced beef
3. 400 g new potatoes
4. 20 ml olive oil
5. 3 large carrots, cut into large pieces
6. 2 garlic cloves
7. 1 cup garden peas (fresh or frozen)
8. 1 liter beef stock
9. 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (use sea salt if not available)
10. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
11. 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
12. 1 tablespoon cornflour (for thickening if needed)
1. Gently soften the onions in a large deep pan.
2. Add the carrots and allow to soften a little.
3. Add the beef and allow to colour.
4. Stir in the chopped garlic, pepper and celery salt cooking in for a minute.
5. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce.
6. Add the potatoes.
7. Add the peas.
8. Add the stock and simmer for a good hour (the longer the better).
9. To thicken the gravy, mix cornflour with a little cold water and mix into a paste, add this into the gravy.
10. Often served with extra vegetables and pickled red cabbage or beetroot.