Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 lbs chicken thighs
2. 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
3. 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
4. 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
5. 2 tablespoons preserved black beans
6. 2 teaspoons orange zest, strips
7. 2/3 cup orange juice
8. 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
9. 2 teaspoons chili bean paste
1. Heat a large, heavy, flameproof casserole, then add the oil. Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides. Push the thighs to the side of the casserole, then add the garlic, ginger, black beans, and orange zest. Stir for 30 seconds.
2. Add the orange juice, soy sauce, and chili bean paste.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
4. Cover the casserole tightly and continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.