Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 tablespoons soy sauce
2. 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3. 2 teaspoons sugar
4. 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
5. 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
6. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7. 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cut 1/2-3/4 inches cubes
8. 1 red bell pepper, sliced
9. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10. 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
11. 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chile garlic, and white pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat a large frying pan or wok with oil over med-high heat. Carefully add tofu and sear for a minute then add bellpeppers. Cook until peppers until tender and slightly crunchy. Add a bit more oil if needed.
3. Add the last 3 ingredients: oil, garlic, and ginger to pan; stir until garlic are lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir soy mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and tofu and peppers are coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a serving dish.