Ingredients for 32 servings:
1. 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (60-70% bittersweet)
2. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3.5 oz)
3. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4. 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
5. 1/4 teaspoon salt
6. 1 dash black pepper
7. 1 dash ground red pepper
8. 1 1/4 cups sugar
9. 1/4 cup butter, softened
10. 1 large egg
11. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12. cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper); stir with a whisk.
4. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixture at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
5. Add egg; beat well.
6. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla; beat just until blended.
7. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
8. Drop bough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper).
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until almost set.
10. Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes or until set. Remove from pans; cool completely on a wire rack.