Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 1 lb ground turkey
2. 10 -15 whole wheat lasagna noodles
3. 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
4. 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
5. 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
6. 1 red bell pepper, chopped
7. 5 scallions, chopped
8. 1 red onion, chopped
9. Italian spices
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Brown the turkey meat, drain and rinse and season with desired seasonings (I find Italian seasonings and garlic work best).
3. Simmer the spaghetti sauce on low heat, covered. Stir in chopped onions, scallions, and bell pepper as well as seasonings (basil, salt, pepper).
4. Stir in the cooked and rinsed turkey meat and allow to simmer until bubbling.
5. Prepare a lasagna pan (14 by 9, I believe) by placing one layer of 5 lasagna noodles, a layer of sauce, a layer of cottage cheese and then a layer of cheddar cheese.
6. Repeat for a second layer.
7. Bake in the oven for one hour, removing during the last ten minutes to sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top.
8. Serve with garlic bread and salad and enjoy!